Why join Hartwood Farm CSA? Here are the details:
hartwood farm csa member benefits:
- 18 weeks of delicious, fresh vegetables and herbs starting in early to mid-June and running through October. We anticipate the 2018 season will start the week of June 12th and run through October 12th (weather depending--some years we start a week later or earlier!).
- Free access to U-Pick garden on Fridays and weekend by appointment. Garden includes lots of flowers and in season peas, beans, cherry tomatoes, greens, and herbs. In times of bounty, we sometimes also allow U-Pick in the main fields
- 10% off at Hartwood Farm's farmers market stand (we are at markets summer and winter in Cazenovia)
- Weekly shareholder newsletter with information on farm happenings, vegetable facts, recipes, and community events
- Options to order extra products as available, including eggs
hartwood farm csa share sizes:
Hartwood Farm has TWO main share sizes:
Large shares feed either a family of 4, or 1-2 people who eat lots of veggies. Large shares include 8 to 12 different vegetables and herbs each week that vary with the seasons and range in weekly retail value between $25 to $50. For a visual, this fills up roughly a 1 bushel box. Large shares cost $594 for the season ($33/week).
Small shares are about half the size of large shares and feed either a single big veggie eater, a smaller family, newbie veggie eaters, or folks who have their own gardens (or love the farmers market). Small shares fill up a half bushel box and include 5 to 7 different vegetables and herbs each week that vary with the seasons. Small shares cost $396 for the season ($22/week).
New in 2018 are Academic Year shares, which run for seven weeks in September and October (and are great for students or folks who are away much of the summer. Small Academic shares are $182 ($26/week) and Large Academic shares are $266 ($38/week).
Other shares available include Egg shares and Fall/Winter shares. Egg shares are available as half dozens, full dozens, or multiple dozens--order eggs early as availability is limited! Fall/Winter shares cover November and December and include 4 large boxes. Right now, full season Fall/Winter shares are available, but later in 2018, single boxes will be available as well.
Members are welcome to share their shares with a friend, family member, or neighbor. While we can’t split shares for you, we are happy to provide space at the CSA pick-ups for you to divvy up or set aside your split share with/for your partner. Just make sure we have all share-holders’ email addresses, so everyone receives their newsletters and recipes.
hartwood csa share pricing and payment options:
You can pay by cash or check (preferred, just choose the invoice option when you sign up) or online with Credit Card. Members who pay with one cash or check payment can take $5 off their share price.
Please contact us if you prefer to sign up via regular mail or the phone.
Payment plans are available:
- Returning Member Discount: 2017 (or earlier!) returning members who sign up and pay via cash or check before March 15th receive $15 off large shares and $10 off small shares!
- Cash/Check Discount: Pay in one check by March 15th and receive $5 off your share!
- Standard Plan: Pay your share in two to four installments, $100 deposit due at signup, and the balance due by May 15th. We will send out a monthly email balance reminder and you can pay what you will each installment.
- Alternate Plans: Contact us to arrange details. We understand CSA requires a different sort of budgeting of our food dollars, and Hartwood Farm is committed to make CSA work for all our CNY neighbors. We have worked with members in the past to arrange monthly and weekly payment options, wait till tax refund season (CSA veggies are a great use of refund checks!), as well as created some work trade options and share scholarships. Please call or email for more details.
hartwood farm csa share pick-up locations and dates:
Tuesdays: Share pick-ups available in Fayetteville, Liverpool, Manlius, and Syracuse. (Backup Tuesday share option: pickup at the Farm)
- Fayetteville from 2:30 to 7 pm
- Private Residence pick-up near Green Lakes (intersection of Rt. 5 and Springview Dr.)
- Manlius from 2:30 to 7 pm
- Private Residence off Brickyard Falls Rd (on Brookhill South)
- Syracuse, University Area: from 3 to 7 pm
- Private Residence pick-up off Westcott across from Barry Park (near intersection of Wescott and Broad St.)
- Liverpool from 3:30 to 7 pm
- Cafe at 407 (delicious food!), downtown Liverpool, NY
Fridays: Share pick-ups available at the farm in Fenner.
- On-Farm in Fenner from 4 to 7 pm
- Backup option (if you can’t make Friday) is at the Cazenovia Farmers Market Saturday mornings